Coordinated Medical Appointment Transportation
To: Residents of Covenant Village
From: Dale Melton, CEO
Date: July 17, 2020
As you have seen throughout the unfolding COVID crisis, the Leadership Team and I have attempted to find opportunities to ease or to creatively amend various action steps we have taken. We want to share one more example of that now.
Currently, if you leave campus for any reason and return, you must undertake a 14-Day Self-Isolation. Here is one change we are enacting today: If you leave campus for a medically necessary appointment using a Covenant Village coordinated and approved transportation method, you do not have to undertake a 14-Day Self-Isolation when you return.
Here are the Covenant Village coordinated and approved transportation methods:
• Any Covenant Village Transportation (e.g., via Juanita Holbrooks)
• 5-Star Transportation (704-914-8997) and/or Carolina Specialty services (704-865-5618)
• Any Covenant Village-approved Personal Concierge for Transportation (e.g., Kathy Parks or Cathy Carpenter).
* Use of outside transportation services places responsibility with the Resident for ensuring proper COVID-19 screening and infection control compliance by the outside transportation services and their drivers.
As you have questions, please reach out to Transportation, Pam Paige, Brenda Harris or the Front Desk. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and ongoing compliance with our current restrictions.
As we have been sharing with you over the course of the last four plus months, the COVID-19 virus is still active, dangerous, and in our larger Gaston County community.
The Coronavirus has made its way back into the fold of our Village community. It is a stark and real wake-up call in our ongoing and tireless efforts to be diligent and vigilant in all our actions.
What should you continue to be doing when you are outside your home?
• Wear a facemask at ALL TIMES you are out.
• Practice physical distancing of at least six (6) feet at ALL TIMES.
• Wash your hands CONTINUALLY and use hand sanitizer in between.
• Practice good cough etiquette.
• Use common sense on what you should and should not do.
• If you experience any of the COVID-19 related symptoms or are just not feeling well, you should contact the Arbor Wing Nurses Station at —704.917.7857.
We realize the significant and ongoing inconvenience to life, as well as the physical, spiritual, and emotional toll that this Pandemic has brought to our Village, our county, our state, our nation, and our world. Thank you for understanding and complying with the conditions we must put into place, as we all remain committed to preserving the health and well-being of our entire community.
For those of us who may have eased off our compliance with the above infection control guidance, use this time to re-evaluate your efforts and actions on behalf of our entire Village!
We are only as good as you are and as I am. We will get through this—together! A committed community conquers COVID!!
We will continue to keep you updated via community memos; Covenant Conversations on the internal TV channel and Facebook, and the Covenant Village website (https://covenantvillagenc.com/).
Let’s covenant with each other to Finish Strong this Journey—and to Keep HOPE Alive!