When it rains, it pours. . . or when it sleets, freezes (rain), and snows!
As we all anticipate the inclement weather that will be approaching our area over the weekend, please know that your CV Leadership and Staff have been hard at work preparing for the worst-case scenarios and hoping for a mild experience.
Generators have been topped off; Snowplows have been attached to our trucks; emergency food is in place; Staff are signing up to come in—maybe even stay overnight—to provide all necessary care & services; and our focus will keep both COVID and weather atop our collective radars.
We all would do well to remember that during inclement weather situations, like we may face, our overall #1 priority on campus is to provide access from the Welcome Center to our Health Center (HC). Times like this is when we are a healthcare provider, first and foremost.
We would caution all Residents to be extremely careful—pending the inclement weather—about unnecessary trips outside or off campus while the area is under a travel advisory or there are travel concerns. Errands, grocery shopping, hair appointments can wait. If you need emergency care, please do not hesitate to contact the Arbor Wing Nurses Station or activate your call bells or pendants!
Currently, we have four active COVID cases. This is the same number since last week, but just a different combination of individuals. All are Staff, and all are vaccinated. All are experiencing mild symptoms. We have had a couple of Staff, who were positive last week, already return to work.
On the good news front, our most recent COVID testing of HC Residents came back with NO active cases!
For now, we are continuing to take the following pre-emptive action steps:
- We are cancelling group gatherings for the next 1-2 weeks, while continuing to monitor the COVID developments.
- Staff will be required to wear certain masks while on campus: Either a N95 or KN95, or two surgical masks, or one surgical and one cloth mask in combination.
Here is what you should continue—provided you are careful during the inclement weather window this weekend:
- You are still free to go out, as you so desire or need to go out. We encourage you to keep your medical/dental appointments. Medical transportation will continue.
- You are still free to welcome visitors into your home. Whether Family, friends, or neighboring Residents. We would ask you to do the following:
- Do not mix outside visitors with other Covenant Village Residents
- You may enjoy Resident company—for meals, entertainment, conversation—but no more than four (4) and without any outside visitors in attendance.
Please continue to monitor your symptoms and to call the Arbor Wing Nurses Station with any concerns or questions.
Covenant Village is strong and resilient, because you are strong and resilient. Even in these times, we see how Covenant Village is Where Life Is Filled With Promise!
We will continue to provide the latest information via community memos; Covenant Conversations; the Covenant Village website (www.covenantvillagenc.com); on our Facebook page; and our Resident Portal—Wellzesta.