After assessing our winter storm response from this week, I have found there are many kudos and thanks to be given out. Staff and Residents did a great job responding to the situation and needs that arose! We will be recognizing jobs well done, in addition to those who went above and beyond. CV CARES shined through it all!
We are anticipating a second winter storm front to pass through, starting sometime Friday, with some snow accumulations projected. It is projected to be a milder storm. As we all anticipate this next round, please know that your CV Leadership and Staff continue their efforts preparing for the worst-case scenarios and hoping for another manageable experience.
As we said last week, we all would do well to remember that during inclement weather situations our overall #1 priority on campus is to provide access from the Welcome Center to our Health Center (HC). Times like these are when we serve as a healthcare provider, first and foremost. For Cottage Residents, while we focus on the main access to campus, driveways are not cleared.
Having said that and as always, we caution all Residents to be extremely careful— about unnecessary trips outside your home or off campus while there are weather concerns. Errands, grocery shopping, and hair appointments should wait or take place prior to the weather event. You can even wait for the next garbage pick-up. Call Housekeeping if you need additional bags.
If you need emergency care or need to be assessed, please do not hesitate to call the Arbor Wing Nurses Station (704.917.7857) or activate your call bells or pendants!
Though this storm is anticipated to be move through quickly, we would remind independent living Residents to plan ahead and make arrangements for any items that may need to be stocked up, particularly any food items.
This morning we have increased to eight (8) active COVID cases. All are Staff.
Three of the current cases are asymptomatic. The others are experiencing mild symptoms. There is also one Staff out with symptoms, waiting to be tested.
On the continued good news front, our recent round of COVID testing of HC Residents came back with NO active cases! Currently, there are no known Resident cases.
For another week, we will continue with the following pre-emptive action steps:
- We are cancelling group gatherings for the next week, while continuing to monitor the COVID developments. The Executive Leadership Team met this morning to assess where we are and decided to maintain our current action step for another week due to the increase in Staff cases.
- Staff are required to wear certain masks while on campus: Either a N95 or KN95, or two surgical masks, or one surgical and one cloth mask in combination.
Here is what you should continue—provided you are careful during the inclement weather window this weekend:
- You are still free to go out, as you so desire or need to go out. We are not locked down. We are only managing group gatherings. We encourage you to keep your medical/dental appointments. Medical transportation will continue, and Staff check in with Resident appointments.
- You are still free to welcome visitors into your home. Whether Family, friends, or neighboring Residents. We would ask you to do the following:
- Do not mix outside visitors with other Covenant Village Residents
- You may enjoy Resident company—for meals, entertainment, conversation—but no more than four (4) and without any outside visitors in attendance.
Please continue to monitor your symptoms and to call the Arbor Wing Nurses Station (704.917.7857) with any concerns or questions.
Covenant Village is strong and resilient, because you are strong and resilient. Even now, we see how Covenant Village is Where Life Is Filled With Promise!
We will continue to provide the latest information via community memos; Covenant Conversations; the Covenant Village website (www.covenantvillagenc.com); on our Facebook page; and our Resident Portal—Wellzesta.