To: Residents of Covenant Village From: Dale Melton, CEO
Date: March 23, 2021
Thanks to the good teamwork on behalf of Residents, Families, and Staff—and the continued low COVID-19 case status at Covenant Village, the Leadership Team is taking the following action step:
Starting Wednesday, March 24th—On-campus Visitation will be expanded in Resident homes!!
Below are conditions to expand the Parameters and Expectations of the previous limited on- campus visitation:
- Visitors no longer have to sign-in for their visit. When Visitors arrive, they will continue to be temperature checked and screened at the Welcome Center.
- Visitations continue to be limited to the Resident’s home only—whether an Apartment, a Cottage, or a Health Center Room. Visitors shall continue to go directly and immediately to the Resident Apartment, Cottage, or Health Center Room.
- Visitors will continue to wear a Face Mask at all times on campus.
- While in the hallways, Visitors may not interact or socialize with Residents or Staff—unless needing help with directions or clarification on restrictions. You will need to physically distance (six feet) in the hallways.
- Based on CDC and CMS guidance, Visitations are limited to one household only. More than two visitors can visit—as long as they all live under one household.
- The only restriction, at this time, is that no infant (defined as up to age two) can be brought in for visits.
- Visitations can take place at any time on any day.
- Visitors no longer have a time limit for a visit. Visitors cannot visit multiple Resident homes on any one day. They are limited to visiting one Resident home per day.
- Visits should be coordinated with Family and/or friends to ensure no one has to be turned away.
- When a Visitation is taking place by outside Family or Friends, Only the Resident(s) who live(s) in that home may be in that home. No additional Resident(s) can be invited to attend the Visitation.
- Overnight Visitations are now permitted. For now, we are not taking reservations for the Guest Room in order to give time to finish renovations.
- Covenant Village reserves the right—based upon CDC and CMS Guidance—to cancel, postpone, further limit, or change without prior notice Visitations—and at any time and for any recommended reason.
The goal is to open up the campus to these expanded Visitations now and to evaluate the logistics, parameters, and expectations met on a regular basis. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, it will be determined whether to transition into any other phase of Visitation.
We see this new opportunity as tangible confirmation that we are continuing to turn the corner and to move forward into a new sense of normal at Covenant Village! All of our Village’s hard and dedicated work is being fruits for us.
Yet, we CANNOT let our guard down. We received news that our Mandatory Testing in the Health Center last week revealed one new active case with a Staff member. The Staff member was asymptomatic and is doing well. That is our first new case in nearly three (3) weeks.
Even with the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, we have a long way to go! We STILL must continue to practice all the important COVID-related practices, including:
- Wearing Masks at all times outside your home and anytime around others (even in your home)
- Practicing at least six feet of physical distancing at all times
- Washing your hands and using hand sanitizer in between
- Continuing to use good cough etiquette.
We will continue to provide the latest information via community memos; Covenant Conversations on Facebook and Wellzesta; the Covenant Village website (https://covenantvillagenc.com/); and on our Facebook page.
Let’s covenant with each other to Finish Strong this Journey—and to Keep HOPE Alive!