To: Residents of Covenant Village
From: Dale Melton, CEO
Date: November 16, 2020
This afternoon we learned that an independent living Resident tested positive for COVID-19 while at the hospital this weekend. After undergoing our Contact Tracing protocols for potential exposure of that Resident to other Residents or Staff, we have decided to quarantine the entire 2nd Floor of the B-Building.
No Resident, unless you live on the 2nd Floor of the B-Building, should be on that floor for a minimum of two (2) weeks.
Additionally and out of an abundance of caution and good infection control mitigation, we are shutting down—for the entire campus—areas we have re-opened in the recent weeks and months. As a result, for at least the next two weeks, the following will be closed:
- Main Dining Room for all meals
- Beauty Salon
- All Common Areas
- Outdoor Visitations
- Wellness Center
As we have shared all along, any positive cases, potential symptoms, or potential exposures are serious for us at Covenant Village—even more so in our Health Center. The health and safety of our Residents, Staff, and larger community continue to be our highest priority. This virus is still actively present and remains dangerous to anyone, but particularly our population who are most vulnerable. We CANNOT let our guard down. We have a long way to go—particularly as the Fall and Winter Seasons settle in!
What should you continue to be doing when you are outside your home?
- Wear a facemask at ALL TIMES while you are out (unless you are outside exercising alone). You MUST cover your nose and mouth so the mask can be effective!
- Practice physical distancing of at least six (6) feet at ALL TIMES.
- Wash your hands CONTINUALLY and use hand sanitizer in between.
- Practice good cough etiquette.
- Use common sense on what you should and should not do.
- If you experience any of the COVID-19 related symptoms or are just not feeling well, you should contact the Arbor Wing Nurses Station at —704.917.7857.
We will continue to provide the latest information via community memos; Covenant Conversations on the internal TV channel and Facebook; as well as the Covenant Village website (https://covenantvillagenc.com/) and Facebook page.
For those of us who may have eased off our compliance with the above infection control guidance, use this time to re-evaluate your efforts and actions on behalf of our entire Village! We are only as good as you are and as I am. We will get through this—together! A committed community conquers COVID!!