To: Residents of Covenant Village
From: Dale Melton, CEO
Date: December 18, 2020
With a strong first half of the week, here is where we are regarding active COVID cases on campus. Currently, we have 14 active cases, down from 33 at one-point last week. Three (3) are Resident cases, and 11 are Staff.
We have added only one (1) new HC Resident case this week. That Resident is doing well. We have taken off three (3) HC Residents from the active status, and will take off one (1) more on Friday.
We also have added only one (1) new Staff case the first part of this week, while having taken off four (4) Staff from the active case load. We expect more Staff to come off this weekend.
Holiday Recommendation & Reminders
We know the Holidays are significant, memorable, and important in many ways. This year, we strongly recommend all Residents to forego Christmas and New Year’s plans with Families and Friends out in the larger community.
Therefore: If you go out for Holiday events this year, you will be required to quarantine— not just voluntarily self-isolate—for 14 days. That means you are not allowed out of your home at all, unless for an essential or necessary medical reason.
• If you are an Apartment Resident—you cannot leave your home for the mail, laundry, other errands, or even to walk in the halls. You will be on full quarantine. You must walk directly out and back in the building for any outdoor walk or exercise you take.
• If you are a Cottage Resident, you will not be allowed to come into the Apartment Buildings for any reason, unless it is for a medical emergency.
• No Resident who goes off campus should enter another Resident’s home—Apartment or Cottage—for those 14 days.
If you experience either of the following two situations, we ask that you, please, contact the Front Desk (704.867.2319) or Welcome Center (980.677.0618).
• If you are still off-campus when you become aware that you were potentially exposed or you begin to exhibit symptoms, you will be required to remain off-campus for 14- days or until you provide documentation that the person of concern (who may have exposed you) tests negative.
• If you are back on-campus when you learn you were potentially exposed or you begin to exhibit symptoms, please call the Front Desk or Welcome Center IMMEDIATELY. You may be forwarded to the Arbor Wing Nurses’ Station, where they will assess your situation.
Open and transparent communication is absolutely vital for the safety of the Village— anytime, but particularly at this crucial time.
Please, remember: Gaston County has one of the highest % Positive metrics in the entire State. Since Thanksgiving, North Carolina has repeatedly shattered records for daily active cases, hospitalizations, % positive, and deaths. This virus is still actively present and remains dangerous to anyone, but particularly our population who are most vulnerable.
As we have shared all along, any positive cases, potential symptoms, or potential exposures are serious for us at Covenant Village. The health and safety of our Residents, Staff, and larger community continue to be our highest priority.
We CANNOT let our guard down. We have a long way to go—particularly as the Fall and Winter Seasons settle in!
We will continue to provide the latest information via community memos; Covenant Conversations on the internal TV channel and Facebook; as well as on Wellzesta, our new Resident communication portal; the CovenantVillage website (https://covenantvillagenc.com/); and on ourFacebook page.
For thoseof uswho may have eased off ourcompliance with the above infection controlguidance, use this time to re-evaluate your efforts and actions on behalfof our entire Village!If you have been potentially exposed, you could be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus and could spread it to others—fellow Residents, Staff, and your Loved Ones!
We are only as good asyou are and as I am.We will get through this—together! A committed community conquers COVID!!
This virus is real, and it is deadly.No one and no communityareyet fully immune.You can help usallstop thismenacing virus inour Village, by our diligence and vigilance!
•Wear a mask at ALL times
•Maintain a minimum 6 feetphysicaldistancing
•Wash yourhandsfrequently; sanitizer in between
•No group gathering
•Do NOT visit in someone else’s home,ANDdo NOT allow any visitors in your home!
All of these precautionswill assist you and yours in having a blessed andsafe Holiday Season!That is our prayer; thatis our hope for you and yours!!